If you are a member of Murdoch Alumni Association or former continuous Murdoch University Library staff you can continue your association with the University through free membership of the Library.
Alumni membership allows you to:
- borrow books (excluding ebooks) and use the Library's collections,
- use reference services, and
- access most databases from within the library and selected databases from home.
Joining the Library
The Library will contact you and give you your Library User ID.
Membership is valid for 12 months.
To renew your membership contact the Enquiry and Loans Desk.
Alumni may borrow 8 items for 6 weeks (see Borrowing for more details).
Database access for Alumni
You can use many of the Library’s databases from within the Library. In addition, the Library is able to provide remote access for Alumni to the following databases:
Please note: For personal research or educational use only. Should not be used as a substitute for employer or business access.
To access these databases, you need your Library User ID and a Library PIN. To set up your PIN:
- Go to My Library.
- Enter your User ID in the box headed "All other library users"
- Leave the PIN field blank, and click on "Submit"
- Choose a PIN and enter it twice. Your PIN should be between 4 and 8 characters.
- Click on submit and your PIN will be recorded.
- Free databases
- eResources at the National Library of Australia (NLA)
The NLA provides access to indexes, full-text ejournals, websites and guides. Some are freely available, some are available inside the NLA building, and some may be accessed by logging in with a library card. Register online to obtain a library card.
- Databases at the State Library of WA
These resources are available to Western Australia public library members holding a library membership card. Login using the membership card number