Accessing other libraries
If Murdoch University Library does not have the item you require, you may be able to request or borrow it from other libraries.
- Bonus+ Borrow selected library material from other participating universities
- ArticleReach Access journal articles not available from Murdoch University Library
- In person Borrow from other university libraries in Australia and overseas
- Document Delivery Available to Murdoch University staff and graduate research students
BONUS+ allows Murdoch University staff and students to borrow selected library material from other participating universities. This service is not available to non-award Murdoch students.
If the book you need is not available at Murdoch University Library, request it from another BONUS+ library and pick it up from one of our libraries.
How do I request a book via BONUS+
- Search the Murdoch University Library catalogue.
- If the book is unavailable click on which repeats the search in the BONUS+ catalogue.
- Select "Request this item".
- Select "Murdoch University" then Submit.
- Enter your Murdoch University username and password.
- Choose your Pickup Location then Submit.
You can expect delivery within 4-7 working days. Login to MyLibrary for the status of your request. You will receive an email when your book arrives.
* Limit of 5 requests for undergraduate students and 10 requests for staff and graduate research students.
- 21 day loan period
- Additional 21 day renewal can be requested if the book has not been recalled by the lending library
- All loans can be recalled by the lending library at any time
- Books are returned to a Murdoch University campus Library
- $125 fine for billed or lost books
- Overdue BONUS+ items are penalized at 10 points per day
What if my book is not available via BONUS+?
Use ArticleReach to request journal articles that are not available from Murdoch University Library.
ArticleReach is available to all Murdoch University staff and students. It is not available to non-award students.
How do I request an article from ArticleReach?
If the article is not listed on Findit or database searches, search the ArticleReach Union catalogue. Once found, please include as much information as possible along with the journal ISSN in the request form.
You will receive an email when your article is available. Access your article by logging into MyLibrary.
What if my article is not available via ArticleReach?
Murdoch University students and staff may borrow from other university libraries in Australia and overseas.
University of WA, Curtin University, Edith Cowan University & University of Notre Dame
- Register online before visiting other academic libraries
- Take your Murdoch University ID card on your first visit to complete registration
Training WA libraries
Take your student card and your enrolment advice statement as proof of current enrolment to the library you wish to borrow from.
Other academic libraries in Australia and overseas
You can apply for membership of any of the libraries in the University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) borrowing scheme. Apply in person directly to these libraries. You will need photo ID and proof of your current Murdoch enrolment.
For all other libraries, please request a letter of introduction.