Copyright matters - teaching support


Trans National Education - teaching materials for students at offshore partner institutions

It is University policy that all third party copyright materials for students who are enrolled in Murdoch University units with offshore partners will be provided via My Unit Readings.

Materials that are covered by this policy include:

  • the journal articles, chapters, etc that are usually compiled in unit readers
  • slide presentations that include third party materials: diagrams, photographs, cartoons, etc
  • UILGs that include third party materials: diagrams, photographs, cartoons, etc
  • any supplementary readings required during the semester

The Part VB/CAL licence (under which we copy and distribute course readers and supplementary readings to internal and external students within Australia) does not cover the provision of a single copy of a third party copyright work (in any format) to a partner who then prints or otherwise reproduces the material at the offshore site.

Licensed teaching materials

Attention should also be paid to course materials that are used by the University under other licences or contracts: these may not cover the use of the materials in another jurisdiction. The terms of any contract or licence should be confirmed before providing such materials to students offshore.

‘© Murdoch University’

Works created by University staff in the course of their employment e.g. a unit guide (that does not contain third party images, etc) are not subject to the above provisions, and may be sent in any convenient format to the partner for reproduction at the offshore site.