The library supports the delivery of unit materials through My Unit Readings and the High Demand Collection.
My Unit Readings
My Unit Readings enables teaching staff to create and manage unit reading lists which comply with Copyright and are easily accessible to students.
My Unit Readings provides direct links to:
- eBooks, online articles, digitised book chapters,
- websites, and online videos, and
- Library Catalogue records for print items.
Students can access My Unit Readings from within their LMS unit, via My Units or the Library homepage.
High Demand Collection
The High Demand Collection includes high-use study material available to students and staff for short-term loans.
- Texts ordered via the Bookshop are automatically added to the High Demand Collection.
- Teaching staff can request additional books and DVDs to be placed in the High Demand Collection.
The library reserves the right to remove low use items from the High Demand Collection.
How do I add material to My Unit Readings?
Reuse an existing listPublished lists will be rolled over by Library staff in December to the following year. You can add additional material to the new list if required. The original list will then be archived.
Create a new list
If you want to create a new list yourself, follow the instructions in the User Guide (PDF 2.1MB).
If you would like the Library to create or edit a reading list for you, email email@example.com at least six weeks before the start of the teaching period.
Specify how your reading list should be organised; by week, topic or resource type.
We will need the following details for each item:
|Citation of the Resource||Position in list||Special conditions|
|Include publication details such as author(s), title, chapter, edition, date, ISBN, ISSN, URL, etc.||For example. 'Week 1' or 'Topic 1'.||Mark as essential or recommended, any notes for students.|
Requests will be processed as quickly as possible in order of receipt.
|Requests received 6 weeks before the start of the teaching period||Requests received less than 6 weeks before the start of the teaching period|
|The Library will commit to have all items held within the collection available for the first week of teaching||The Library will process requests as quickly as possible but cannot assume responsibility for the availability of items in time for the start of teaching|
How do I add material to the High Demand Collection?
Use My Unit Readings to add items to the High Demand Collection:
- In My Unit Readings, bookmark the item you'd like to add to the High Demand Collection.
- Add this bookmark to the reading list of your unit.
- Click 'Edit notes and importance' for this item.
- Under 'Note for Library', add the text Add to High Demand Collection or similar.
- Click 'Request review' to submit for review by Library staff.
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the item, unit name, unit coordinator and teaching period.
Need more information?
Contact email@example.com or call (08) 9360 6530.